The Legend

The Legend

Monday, July 17, 2017

Kicker U

WVU has a nice tradition of producing some good kickers that would go on to have NFL success. Pro Bowlers such as Pat McAfee, Todd Sauerbrun and Mike Vanderjagt come to mind. The only issue is there might not be a worse position in sports to play in terms of cardboard.  I imagine not too many people open a pack of cards and proclaim it would be nice to pull a punter relic. 

When I'm looking on COMC these are exactly the kind of players I'm looking for. 


 2004 Bazooka Pro Bowl Jersey Mike Vanderjagt
I've had this card in my shopping cart for quite sometime and finally pulled the trigger. Let's all just take a look and appreciate a kicker relic!!!!  

1999 Pacific Platinum Blue Mike Vanderjagt /75
Obscure parallels of kickers actually carry a good value.  You rarely see eBay auctions so you are stuck waiting for sellers to lower outrageous BIN prices.  Fortunately the seller on COMC negotiated a very fair price and it was mine.  

Thanks for reading! 



5 comments:

  1. Here,here - show the punters and kickers some love, Panini!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a Colts fan...they should pay YOU to take a Vanderjagt card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol. I wonder if Peyton Manning and Vanderjagt ever kissed and made up. Whenever I see his name, I'll always think "idiot kicker", because of Peyton's rant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still have a few numbered parallels of Vanderjagt and Sauerbrun, I believe.

    I will always love Mike Vanderjagt. I found my copy of the ESPN magazine when he graced the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Long story, but I ended up at the 1994 CarQuest Bowl which was West Virginia against South Carolina. I sat in the end zone and remember Sauerbrun warming up before the game. I am not into kickers, but it was impressive.

    ReplyDelete