The Legend

The Legend

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Trade: A Cracked Bat

Right after I completed my first trade with Julie from A Cracked Bat she contacted me that she had some extra Bucco's from the Stadium Club she opened.  A week or so later I had a bubble mailer in my possession full of great cards.

What a great looking card! The cool thing is that I'm part of Nachos Grande's group break and he also pulled this card.
Here is the Pedro Alvarez's card.  I'm assuming this throw is sailing into the 10th row past first base. I hope he figures out his throwing woes this offseason.
 This is the Field Access insert from TSC.
 Cool shot of the throwback uniforms worn on home game Sundays by the Bucs.
Gregory Polanco rookie card.  I really hope he pans out.  He has a dynamic skill set.
Now for the awesome surprises that Julie passed along.  This is a 1961 Fleer baseball greats Lloyd Waner.  What a great surprise and awesome addition.  I'll give this one a great home Julie.
 I love the new wave stats so I automatically love this card.  

 Julie payed the Bob Walk tax!  Plus a really cool old Finest Phenoms of Dan Micili.
 Cool card of Josh Harrison who looks to be celebrating a game winner.
To finish things out some Topps stickers of 3 cornerstones of the Pirates.

Thanks for all the great cards Julie.  Appreciate all the Stadium Club and great surprises.  I'll start rounding up some more Tigers for you.

12 comments:

  1. Those stadium clubs look really great ! nice package from Julie !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them! The box prices have been going down like crazy. I'm going to open some soon.

      Delete
  2. Nice trade! I really wanna pick up the Stadium Club set if I can find it cheap enough--it looks so nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has a nice look. The way the box prices have been dropping you should be able to find a set for a good price.

      Delete
    2. 200 card sets are found around $39. I'll wait something like another year and pick up a 3 mini boxes box (that's fun to say) for around $55 I guess

      Delete
    3. I think $39 is a little steep. Like you said box prices are plummeting so maybe the set prices will too. I think prices will be in the $60-65 range here in the next few weeks. I'm waiting for a good Dave and Adams daily deal.

      Delete
  3. Polanco had better pan out, he was supposed to be the Pirates' excuse for not doing anything at the trade deadline this year (and for the foreseeable future).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Word is he just hit the wall from playing too many games. I hope that is right. I'm really pulling for him to do well.

      Delete
  4. Stadium Club. Some nice looking cards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mark. I hope to open some soon myself. I'll pass along the extra Sox if I get any.

      Delete
  5. Glad you like the cards! Nice looking set but overpriced for a mid-tier and what it offers to box busters. I bought it primarily for base cards and the joy of opening a box or two. I hadn't done that in a decade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. My friends and I are waiting for a price drop before we take a crack. Thanks again for the cards.

      Delete