The Legend

The Legend

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Trade: Too Many Verlanders (HOF Cut Auto!!!!)

Dennis from Too Many Verlanders and I swap cards all the time.  Our usual protocol is the blind trade, but I changed things up this time around.  A while back I was able to get a good deal on a couple of Miguel Cabrera autos from a seller on eBay that I've purchased from a lot over the years. Knowing that I had two on the way I immediately thought of Dennis. One of the great things about being a part of the blogging community is associating teams and players with certain bloggers. While this Miggy showcases him as a Marlin, Dennis was more than happy to work out a trade.  Here is his write up on the deal.

The fun part of this trade was that Dennis was building up the drama.  He emailed me and told me he was investigating my sportscardalbum.com database and was pretty sure he found the perfect card for me.  This got me pretty excited.  My immediate thought was that he went the WVU route as he has hooked me up with some great Mountaineers in the past.  I was partly right as these were part of the deal.



Dennis told me he purchased a repack box of football cards and that it was a Tavon Austin hot box. The Topps Chrome insert on the bottom right is a really cool card. Also, the Geno Smith Topps Gold is a card I did not have.  I can always count on Dennis to find great Mountaineer cards for my collection.  Maybe I need to go off the grid a little bit and find some cool Michigan cards to send his way

While the WVU cards were great, they were just the appetizer.  The big card Dennis added was this beauty.....
2011 Panini (Donruss) Limited Cuts Max Carey Auto /49

I have a large Pirate auto collection so I wasn't sure how surprised I would be when I opened the mailer.  Needless to say, I was pumped.  This is my first Max Carey auto.  Max was elected to the Hall of Fame in 1961.  Here is a good write up on his career.  Carey was described as one of the last toolsy players whose career bridged the gap between the speed and bunting era to the homerun era.  

Awesome trade Dennis.  Hopefully we can complete another blockbuster in the near future!  

No comments:

Post a Comment