The Legend

The Legend

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Aspirations

2003 Donruss Elite Aspirations Brian Giles 1/1

I've always been a big fan of the Elite diecut cards. Back when card shops were a thing in my area I would often purchase these for pennies on the dollar. Back in the early 2000's people were going auto/relic crazy so you could find some great deals on parallels.  Sometimes people would even give the entire contents of busted boxes minus the hits. That is why so many of you have received these type of cards in trade packages. 

As I eluded in the Giles post yesterday, an eBay seller is liquidating some great cards of the former Bucco outfielder.  They were BIN or best offer auctions but the seller had  many of them marked for reasonable starting prices.  Thankfully Giles is a saved search so I was able to get this Aspirations card soon after the auction went live. The seller was reasonable in the going back forth with prices and soon enough the card was mine. The final price was around $30 for this one. While that seems a little steep these cards have become more popular recently. 

What makes this card extra special is that is was in great shape.  For those who've seen these in person know that the cut areas tend to get bent over time. This shows absolutely no wear at all. 

Thanks for reading! Go Bucs!.  

6 comments:

  1. Damn dude. That's a nice one. I bet the yellow is striking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a sharp card. The seller had a triple auto of Van Slyke, Giles and Bay too, but someone beat me to it. I was sad.

      Delete
  2. That Die-cut shape reminds me of Picasso - the card is truly a work of art!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just automatically assume that they are in rough condition, but this one is almost perfect.

      Delete