The Legend

The Legend

Sunday, August 21, 2016

Radiance

I struck gold last month when a seller had several lots of Pirate parallels on sale at one time. As usual with the time period these lots include Brian Giles, Kris Benson and Jason Kendall.  Last week I showed off the SP red parallels. While those are nice finds, these SPX cards have a little more visual appeal.




The Radiance parallels from SPX are all out of /100.  They were tough pulls and the only numbered parallels from the set other than the SPectrums which were 1/1's.  If you are a fan of Prizm cards this parallel is for you.

The price on these were a little more than most of the parallels that I usually buy.  The Giles and Benson were about $5.00 a piece while the Kendall was more in the $3 range. Normally Kendall sells more than Benson so not sure what happened there. At least with combined shipping it helped hold the overall purchase price down. I figured a few dollars was worth it not to have to try and find these parallels again.

Thanks for reading.


12 comments:

  1. Love those Radiance parallels. Beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remembered them, but rarely see the Buccos from the set.

      Delete
  2. I've never seen these. They look like really nice cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! 2000 SPx is one of my all-time favorite designs, so I'm surprised to say that I hadn't seen these parallels before. That's definitely a trio that screams "2000 Pirates".

    ReplyDelete
  4. The early-2000s was certainly a strange (and awesome) time for parallels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun! You could tell that companies at least spent time on the design.

      Delete
  5. What's the current Vegas line on the impending JBF/BWTP war?

    ReplyDelete