The Legend

The Legend

Friday, December 23, 2016

Walking Dead to Razor Ramon

Before blogging I only had a couple of people in my life that were really in tune with my collecting habits. One such friend is my pal Micah.  He and I share many of the same interests and during the holidays we usually hook each other up with some gifts that range from gag to perfect addition. 

 Micah and I both enjoy the Walking Dead.  He is trying to convince me to chase more show related memorabilia by giving me this Funko POP figure of Daryl.
 I'm sure my wife will love adding this to our bar decor.

A couple years back I came into a decent size collection of locker plates.  I gifted Micah a couple of my favorite obscure ones a few years back.  Now he is taken it upon himself to find even more obscure ones.  Take this Gorkys Hernandez!  Gorkys was one of the main pieces the Pirates got in return when they trade Nate Mclouth to the Braves.  The bat never came along and he only saw limited time on the big league roster.  Being the Pirate nerds that we are, Gorkys references were always commonplace. Now he will live forever in my collection.

 This is hard to see, but this card is numbered to 45,000!  Rare!
 Famous Amos Zereoue!

To me this was the main event of the whole package.  Growing up I was a huge fan of wrestling. One of my all time favorites was Razor Ramon.  When I got in college I stopped watching, but that didn't mean I still had a soft spot in my heart for my childhood idols. Micah who is a huge wrestling fan went the extra mile and got me one of the cooler autos that I've ever seen.  

Hope everyone has a nice holiday. I'm hitting the road this afternoon to visit some friends that are in town and then eating myself to death tomorrow and Saturday.  

8 comments:

  1. That Ramon is oozing machismo! All it's missing is a match-used toothpick. I was a huge fan of wrestling in that era as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was such a fun bad guy. Plus the Razors Edge was a badass finisher.

      Delete
  2. Hey yo....

    https://youtu.be/rNkMwnsWdjc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may just start saying "Hey Yo" in real life scenarios all the time. "Hey Yo, I got that report you needed."

      Delete
  3. Man... I couldn't stand Razor Ramon... but that autograph is a nice addition to any wrestling fan's collection. As for The Walking Dead... I finally caught up to the rest of the world this week. Man... I can't wait for it to return in February.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How can you not like Razor??? Don't make me flick a toothpick at you.

      I'm a reader of the Walking Dead comics as well. I was worried about how Negan would translate to tv because he was so over the top in the comics. I think for the most part it has been pretty good. I'm excited for Feb too.

      Delete