The Legend

The Legend

Thursday, May 18, 2017

Giant in Person Trade

One of the coolest parts of my trip to Arizona was getting to meet Daniel from It's Like Having My Own Card Shop.  Daniel's generosity knows no bounds. He had already hooked my brother and I up with great tickets when he handed me pile of cards.

 I cropped the scan a little bit, but this is actually one of those gigantic box topper jersey cards. Here is a better photo to see the actual size.

Takes up a good portion of the keyboard.


 Here is a Sweet Spot auto that has held up nicely over time.

 Now this is an awesome card. What a great looking card with a nice bold auto of the greatest Canadian ever to walk the earth.

 Some new base from Gypsy Queen.  Man, did Kang and Marte ever screw over the Pirates chances this year.  Marte got pinged for PED's and Kang likes to drink and drive.

 John Holdzkom pulled the pitching version of the Natural a few years back. He came out of nowhere and was one of the best relievers for a month when the Pirates were making a playoff push. Next year he got hurt and hasn't been back to the big leagues since.

I like the Bowman Chrome tallboys. Poor Taillon has the worst luck ever. He had recently went on the DL with groin discomfort which ended up being testicular cancer. The prognosis is good as it is being reported that the cancer was found early.

Thanks so much for the great trade Daniel.  It was fun chatting with you.  Hopefully our paths cross again.

Thanks for reading.

18 comments:

  1. I'm kind of partial to Matt Stairs when it comes to greatest Canuck, but tomayto/potahto...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I may have a small bias. Stairs did play for the Buccos a short time though....

      Delete
  2. That Sweet Spot auto really has held up nicely. Must be that dry desert air!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! Those things are notorious faders.

      Delete
  3. LOL! I forgot about George Moon Gibson. We need a cut auto of him and Bay right away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stuff! I wish I was back home in AZ to see those games with you guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would have been great. Always fun to meet up with a fellow blogger.

      Delete
  5. Greatest Canuck? Larry Walker, I think. Jason Bay is not a bad choice though. Looks like a great in person trade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jason Bay is 1000x's better than Larry Walker.......I swear I have no bias

      Delete
  6. Those Flair Sweet Swatch box toppers are awesome! I know some people don't like that their size, but I'm in the "bigger is better" camp. And those two Sweet Spot Signatures aren't too shabby either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it all depends where you put them. I have a binder for bigger cards and some signed 8X10's.

      Delete
  7. Daniel knows the meaning of hospitality!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was great meeting up with you and your brother! Sorry I had to leave so early. Turned into quite the game. Thanks again for the D-Backs cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries on having to leave. Hopefully we will have another meet up one day!

      Delete
  9. Bay is no Andrew Shaw or Jonathan Toews, but I did love me some JB back in the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jason Bay is far superior than those figure skaters you mention :)

      Delete
  10. We would have to fight over that card.

    ReplyDelete