The Legend

The Legend

Saturday, May 6, 2017

Jeff Sends His Dirty Laundry

Today I was spending some time opening and sorting some mail that had been piling up.  One particular envelope packed a big punch.



 Jedi Jeff from 2x3 Heroes decided to send a 1/1 Gerrit Cole laundry tag card my way.  I know, right! The generosity of our community ceases to amaze me. Here is a card Jeff could have easily made a few bucks on and he just sends it my way with a nice note inside. You are the man! What tops it off is that he even threw in extras.


 A very low numbered card of visa-less Jung Ho Kang.  Maybe one of these days he will play baseball again. Hopefully he has his drinking under control.  Maybe this extended break will do him some good.
 Austin Meadows is likely Andrew Mccutchen's replacement whenever the Pirates decide to deal him. Meadows is a consensus overall top ten prospect so fans will be expecting a lot.

 Ryan Doumit always cracks me up.  A few years back when Fangraphs finally started to publish a lot of defensive metrics for catchers Doumit found himself as statistically one of the worst catchers of all time. That makes it hard to find a job when something like that is released.

I'm always excited to see Pens cards.  I'm hoping they can end the Capitals season tonight. Love that Malkin Artifacts card.

I don't think I can thank you enough for the Cole card Jeff.  Rest assured I'll hook you up soon with a more formal cardboard thank you.

Thanks for reading.

12 comments:

  1. Like I said - fits your collection way better then mine. And if you check the sticker, you think I was nuts, as that is the tag from a throwback jersey. But with all the generosity with your return address on the envelopes, I was more than glad to send something cool east for once.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I owe you one man. That was a super nice gesture.

      Delete
  2. Awesome gesture! That's a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sweet! I'm always hoping to pull an elite card to share with a blog friend. Still waiting for that to happen. very generous of JJ!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet addition to your collection. JediJeff is the man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Cole collection took a big step forward for sure.

      Delete