The Legend

The Legend

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Master Series 1/1


Jason Bay 2003 Donruss Signature Series 1/1 Auto

Nice to see the Pirates take two out three against the Dodgers.  Big assist goes out to the Cardinals for hitting Hanley Ramirez and Yasiel Puig in the hands with pitches the series before.  Hanley sat out the whole series and Puig only played the last few innings of tonight's game.  The Pirates did play without Pedro Alvarez and Starling Marte, but losing Puig is no comparison.  

The above card has been in my possession for close to ten years.  If I recall it was one of my first 1/1's to enter my collection.  This one holds a special place as it was an auto of my favorite Pirate at the time.  I've been trying to sneak a few Bay autos on the blog in between all the trades and new Buccos.  He is one of the main focal points of my collection so I have plenty to choose from.  

Let's Go Bucs!  Season high 7 games above .500!




6 comments:

  1. Great looking card, had Bay on my fantasy team for a couple of his better years and have always been a fan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He had a nice 4 year peak where he accumulated a good bit of homeruns, rbis and doubles.

      Delete
  2. Awesome card! I think you've shown off more 1/1's this month... than I have in my whole collection. Keep 'em comin'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a lot of 1/1's from 2003-2009. Pirate players were really cheap at the time so I could snag 3 1/1's for what a regular McCutchen auto goes for now. Look forward to showing off some of the oddballs in the near future.

      Delete
  3. Nice 1/1! I seem to come across Bay cards from time to time, so I'll keep my eye out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Every once in a while a Bay pops up that I don't have.

      Delete