The Legend

The Legend

Monday, July 14, 2014

Trade: ARPSmith's Sportscard Obsession

I've swapped cards with Adam from ARPSmith's Sportscard Obsession a couple times now.  A while back I pulled a few Giant hits from a box of Gypsy Queen that Adam didn't have yet so I shipped them off to California.  On Saturday I received a nice bubble envelope full of Pirate goodness.  Take a look....

Jason Kendall was a unique talent when he came up with the Pirates.  He mixed speed, high obp and a little pop.  The bonus was he did all this while handling a heavy catching load.  A gruesome ankle injury zapped a lot of his power and speed.
Jack Wilson made one All-Star appearance in his career.  The Pirates are still having trouble stabilizing the position since Jack was traded to the Mariners.  This is a pretty sweet jersey from his one appearance!
 A nice Melancon black refractor /63 leads this nice crop of shiny Pirates!

Neil Walker was well on his way to his first All-Star appearance until a June DL stint cost him some valuable time.  I think he was second in WAR among NL second baseman at the time of the injury and dropped to fifth by the time he came back.

Really appreciate all the great cards Adam!  I'll keep my eye out for more Giants.

No comments:

Post a Comment