The Legend

The Legend

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Trade: Cool Veal and the Vealtones

A few weeks back Dustin from the blog Cool Veal and the Vealtones posted some Pirates trade bait that I was interested in.  After a few emails a deal was struck for all the Pirates.  This weekend I received the cards and so much more.  Dustin decided to add a ton of extras from vintage to current.  Here is some of the highlights, but there was so much more....
 
I've been adding a lot of Cole's to my collection the past couple months as the former 1st overall pick has been on the DL.  Along with the injury Cole honored most of his redemption cards so the market got a little saturated.  This made for some great deals on some high end cards.  
Freddy Sanchez and Jason Bay were the most collectible Pirates during their time with the Bucs.  Freddy made 3 all star teams and won a batting title  This is a nice bat relic of the former Bucco.
Brian Bixler had every opportunity to become the Pirates shortstop of the future, but the bat never came around.  He later reinvented himself as a super utility player, but hasn't seen major league action in a few years.

I was happy to add this relic of Bay.  This is one that slipped through the cracks.  Bay is one of my all time favorites.  
 Dustin threw in some older cards.  Can't go wrong adding a Pops!
I like the Reggie Sanders card in the top right.  Reggie had a really nice run with the Pirates in the mid 2000's.
 Skinny Bonds!

Nice assortment of Pirate gold.  The Gene Lamont gold manager card is pretty sweet.  A welcome addition to the collection.

Thanks for the trade Dustin.  I look forward to more trades.  Hope you enjoyed the cards I sent back.  I'll find something else cool to send your way very soon.  If you haven't already give Dustin's blog a look and check out his trade bait.  Dustin is a very generous trader.  

Lets Go Bucs.  

4 comments:

  1. So glad you enjoyed everything. It was a great trade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was awesome! Once you get settled I'll send you some more stuff.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I liked it too. It was a great mix of old and new.

      Delete