The Legend

The Legend

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Set Building Success

One part of our great hobby that I really paid no attention to before starting the blog was set building.  When I was actively opening boxes in the mid 2000's I would pull out the Pirates and the "hits" then box the rest of the cards up.  Since starting the blog along with hosting a monthly box busting party at my house I started fooling around putting sets together.




With all that being said I had my first set completion this past week.  2013 Topps Gypsy Queen was a tough set to build, but with the help of the blogging community and my friends Keith and Micah from the box busting parties I was able to do it.  The hardest part was obtaining all the sp's but thankfully Keith and Micah were open to trading.  With their help I was able to complete close to 90% of the set (we each opened 3 boxes over the last handful of months).  Keith is trying to complete the Triple Threads Amethyst set so I was able to send some his way and Micah is a Pirates guy like myself so it was easy to get his SP's.   The rest of the set was completed through some blogging trades and a small Sportlots pickup.

While my focus is always on collecting the Pirates and WVU Mountaineers this was a nice change of pace.  I will probably continue to try and complete sets as long as our once a month opening continues. Plus this opens a few more trading possibilities.  Hopefully in the next few weeks I'll be able to showcase some more finished sets as I'm nearing completion on two more!

Thanks for reading.




No comments:

Post a Comment