The Legend

The Legend

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Mixing and Matching

I'm well aware of what most of the blogosphere thinks of Donruss, but I will continue to troll all of you! At least I'm not showing the base cards, right! Maybe all of you can put a trashcan beside your computer in case you have to throw up. I guess I just equate the set too much to my childhood.

The patch cards in Donruss were extremely tough pulls. They are all numbered to /15 and fell about 1 a case. While scouring for some AJ Burnett cards I came across this weird card. I guess Donruss had a leftover Marlins jersey.




I normally don't buy cards of Pirate players if they are void of the Bucco uniform, but the price was right since I also added this patch of Justin Wilson.


Justin Wilson had a great 2013 with the Pirates, but regressed in 2014. During the offseason the Pirates traded Wilson to the Yankee for Francisco Cervelli. The trade has worked out pretty well for both teams so far, but I'm in the camp that a position player trumps just about any reliever. I'm praying that Cervelli can have a full year without missing time due to injury.

On a side note I've been hoarding a bunch of cards for trades lately. Mailbox assault will be commencing very soon.

Thanks for reading.







12 comments:

  1. Nice patches, and please keep posting Panini/Donruss stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I just don't get caught up in the license thing as much as others.

      Delete
  2. I'd expect a comment like that from a Red Wings fan. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't make me send Nolan Ryan over there to beat up White Sox players again.

      Delete
  3. I have no problem with Donruss. I like it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the Diamond Kings and Panini Cooperstown the most. Donruss does have the worst base set, but they make up for it with nice inserts and great checklists.

      Delete
  4. Those patch cards are fantastic, as is a lot of what comes out of Donruss packs these days. Never be ashamed of your Donruss love, my friend! Haters step off! Fight for your right to Donruss!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha...I've always been a bit of a Panini apologist. When I open boxes with my friends we often choose Panini because it offers more bang for your buck.

      Delete
  5. Although I wouldn't necessarily bust a box of this product, I have picked up singles when the price was right. With that being said...beautiful patches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They did a good job with the patches. Pretty much everyone you see would be considered a prime swatch with multiple colors.

      Delete
  6. I had no idea that Justin had a jersey card. Gonna have to add this to my want list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ran into it late last year, but it went for over $10 at the time. I'm glad he is doing well with the Yankees.

      Delete