The Legend

The Legend

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

A New Bay

My daughter decided to be a complete crazy person tonight so I'm getting a late start.

2008 UD Premier Jason Bay Auto /25

This card is a not so subtle reminder that Bay won Rookie of the Year in 2004....

It has been a long time since I've added two Bay autos in the same week. This one comes from 2008 UD Premiere. It has been a long time since I've seen one of these pop up. It is also 9000 times nicer than the quad auto featuring Bay that I dubbed the ugliest card I own on Saturday.

This cost me a shade over $10 which is high for a Bay auto. Makes me think that a few other Bay collectors might have been taking a look at this one. Further proof that these are hard to find. All five of us must have been looking at the same card :)

Hopefully the luck continues with finding Bay's in the coming weeks.

8 comments:

  1. In my head all I can hear is "new...Bay rocks...new...Bay rocks..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. That is an interesting question. I wonder what year Topps started putting those in sets.

      Delete
  3. Sweet card! I reentered the hobby in 2008, seeing products like UD Premier and Exquisite... and remember saying to myself... damn... cards have really come up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just needed to collect Pirates at the time. You didn't have to worry about a card over $15 bucks.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. You mean you don't like cheesy manu patches....

      Delete