The Legend

The Legend

Saturday, April 29, 2017

I Splurged

Team USA Topps Now Game Used Base /99

I actually don't regret this purchase as much as I thought I would.  When I saw this Team USA relic card get announced I kept telling myself I wasn't going to go after it.  Well as you can see I have little will power.  I ended up buying every Topps Now WBC card that featured a Bucco.  Thankfully it was only 4 and this was the only relic. 

As for the card itself it is nice enough.  Topps does a nice job shipping these out in magnetic cases and a custom Topps Now container. I also really liked the photo used of Cutch and Christian Yelich celebrating. I'm curious to see how the Spring Traning sets will be shipped. 

Big night of sports tonight with the Pens and Pirates both playing.  Enjoy all the games tonight.

Thanks for reading. 

10 comments:

  1. I already got my Spring Training Astros set. I only ordered the base set, though, not one with an autograph. It was shipped in the black Topps Now cardboard envelope with a snap case and a foam insert.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is good I guess. I bought the auto version, but haven't heard if they shipped yet.

      Delete
  2. Nice! I almost bought some Javier Baez WBC cards but managed to stay strong. All the Cubs relics and autos from last season are a different story...

    My Cubs Spring Training set was finally just put in transit on Thursday but I held off buying it until the very last day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard to say no once you have accumulated a years worth of them. At least the secondary market prices are cheap.

      Delete
  3. Nice! Mine is still in "transit to destination " as it has been since Monday. These look awesome though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really happy with the relic. One of the nicer ones I've seen.

      Delete
  4. You got a nice base piece with some dirt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool. Sometimes you need to treat yourself.

    ReplyDelete