The Legend

The Legend

Thursday, April 13, 2017

My Favorite Baseball Card of My Favorite Baseball Player

My good pal Peter from Baseball Every Night just recently turned a year old.  In honor of the occasion he is forcing everyone to write a blog post.  He has that kind of power.

For those who follow my blog, I often talk about how I enjoy collecting obscure sets and accumulating weird parallels of long forgotten Pirates.  That is probably the portion of my collection that is closest to my heart. The thing is though is that my favorite player Jason Bay doesn't have many of the cards I enjoy chasing.  So I just decided to pick the one that has the most Wow factor. If he had a Circa Rave card or a Skybox Premium Rubies, that would have been my choice.

Jason Bay's tenure with the Pirates started right at peak relic/auto craze. So I don't have a ton of fun parallels to chase, but plenty of hits.  Bay was the first active Pirate to get cards in just about every high end release. Such was the case with this Ultimate Collection triple auto in which Bay is by far the successful player of the three.  An oft injured outfielder and a bad defensive shortstop is no match for the pride of Canada.  :)

Happy one year Peter.



16 comments:

  1. What a great card! You have me beat in Jeter autos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one was my biggest splurge ever for one card.

      Delete
  2. This card definitely has the WOW factor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did either of the other two guys pan out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeter's defense never came around and Griffey faded away in obscurity....

      Delete
  4. I guess that's an okay card...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you imagine pulling that from a pack?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would probably start crying and then smudge the autos.

      Delete
  6. Bay might've had the biggest peak out of those three.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent. My jaw hit my computer looking at this card. Does it fall within the $15 limit? (there were no other zeros or commas or anything...) But still, holy crap! [Jedi Mind Trick] You will trade that card, and the droids I am looking for, for a 1987 Topps Bo Diaz with a gum stain on it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. just looking for a way to show off, eh Matt? What an awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I managed to look dumb and be a show off in one post!

      Delete