The Legend

The Legend

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

A Possible Helpful Hint With Topps Now

As most of you know I like picking up Topps Now cards.  I soured on them early, but they recaptured my attention with better subject matter around the All Star break last year.  With a year in the books I've been reevaluating how I pick them up.

For team collectors it really doesn't benefit you to buy directly from Topps.  Even with new programs the bottom line price is still higher than most BIN prices on eBay. The big question now is to pay $6 or $7 bucks at release on eBay or roll the dice and wait and pick them up later.

For those who want to pick them up on eBay I recommend ebay seller spw2214.  He prices the cards at $6.99 when they go on sale and has a best offer function.  He recently accepted my $6 offer the other day.

One thing I did notice at the end of last year is that some sellers were dumping inventory and created some nice team sets of Topps Now Cards.  In hindsight this would have saved me a significant amount of money if I would have not purchased at time of release.  Many of these had BIN prices that would work out to be $4 to $5 a card.  It is probably worth watching out for if your team doesn't have a ton of sought after rookies.  Rookies seem to be the only cards that sell on the secondary market.

Hope this helps you save a few bucks.  Here are a couple of recent Now purchases.






Thanks for reading.


12 comments:

  1. I've also had luck with "Sportsgy39". Same kind of deal .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, 6 bucks still seems a little high, but much more manageable.

      Delete
  2. Not going to go for the year-long subscription price Topps is offering? Have you seen it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I like that they are trying to do something to cater to the non volume buyer. The bad thing is it still doesn't compare to the eBay prices.

      Delete
  3. I got my spring training card of The Vogelmonster from "twinsjake" after he accepted my best offer of $6 and the shipping was free. I felt like that was a good deal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you were able to get that one. Not too many people messed with the spring training sets so that was probably a good one to get.

      Delete
    2. I bought a Kennys Vargas spring training card from the same seller, I paid the 6.99 though, I don't haggle as much as I could / should.

      Delete
  4. I just bought my first Topps Now card - the Adam Jones leaping catch at the WBC - from Topps. I was pleased with how well it was delivered and how fast it came. I was half-tempted to do that season-long deal they offered.

    I need to figure out how to get my hands on the eTopps i bought over a decade ago...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The deal Topps is offering is super convenient. Plus they have been shipping their cards better recently.

      Delete
    2. I bought the Adam Jones directly from Topps too, I figured I would keep encouraging them to put good photos on their cards.

      Delete
  5. I've picked up a couple of Now's but don't get to excited with the design. Boring and cluttered, imo. I do like the idea of team sets and will be looking for them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Topps has had a big issue with photos lately. The card will be honoring something having to do with hitting and the picture will be of the guy in the field. Silly stuff

      Delete