The Legend

The Legend

Friday, April 14, 2017

I'm a Dirty Cheater

Yesterday I posted a fancy Jason Bay card as my entry to Peter's contest.  It seems that Peter had made a rule that I overlooked in that the card needs to be worth no more than $15.  As much as I pride myself on being able to find deals, that card cost more that $15.  So lets try this again....


Jason Bay Sweet Spot Signatures Red Ink /35

I'm sure this card will eventually fade like many other Sweet Spot autos, but for now I can still enjoy it. This set had a ton of Jason Bay cards in it.  Of the lowered number parallels this one took me the longest to find at a good price.  I want Upper Deck to get a baseball license so bad. 

Peter, I hope you are not trolling me.  I better not see that post say less than $5 tomorrow....




10 comments:

  1. Man, that sig is nice, it'd be a shame if it faded into nothing. Especially if it took you so long to find it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the glove and bat versions from this set hold up much better. So far this one has stayed the course. I have it in a one touch magnetic holder which is suppose to help with the uv

      Delete
  2. That is a sweet sig. I'm not trolling you (this time).

    ReplyDelete
  3. A. I used to sell research papers in college to buy more baseball cards. Wait. This is a confession post, right?

    B. If I could have one hobby wish and I couldn't ask for a 1956 Topps Mantle (or any other card for my collection), then I'd ask for the MLB to give UD their license back.

    C. I love Sweet Spot Signatures! I only have three or four that have faded significantly over the years. Most have retained the signature.

    D. Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder if the ink was always red, or if it faded into red.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is supposed to be red. That was one of the parallels in the set. They are just notorious for fading.

      Delete