The Legend

The Legend

Thursday, November 2, 2017

Lightning Strikes Twice

A few weeks back I purchased a Gerrit Cole 1/1 on eBay via the buy it now function.  It was notable because I could count on one hand the amount of times I've made such a purchase. Rarely do eBay sellers have items priced appropriately.  The more common occurrence is the seller having the card listed for $500, but adds the ability to submit offers. 

Sure enough another card popped up for a reasonable amount. 



2013 Panini Prizm Garrett Jones 1/1

This one popped up for $14.99 with free shipping.  While not a steal, it was a more than reasonable asking price for a non printing plate 1/1.  You just never know where an auction would take the price.  I could easily see less than $10 or as much as $25.  Garrett was a fan favorite during his short Pirate tenure so I think demand would have been there for a rare card. 

On a side note.....

Congrats to the Astros.  Always cool to see a franchise get their first championship.  Tough loss for all my Dodger buddies, but that team is stacked in both the MLB and MILB rosters so they should be contenders for the foreseeable future.  

Thanks for reading. 

8 comments:

  1. Yeah, I don't know what sellers are thinking sometimes with their BIN prices. Anyone who thinks a Vogelbach card over the century mark is going to sell has another thing coming.
    I agree, too bad the Dodgers couldn't pull it out, but very cool to see the Astros win their first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually if I see a ridiculous BIN price I usually move on even if they do have the best off function.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on your purchase! The 2013 Prizm black 1/1's are absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was happy to add a true 1/1. I got pretty lucky with the price too.

      Delete
  3. I loved G.I. Jones when he was with the Buccos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah he was a cool story. Glad he was able to carve out a little bit of a career after being in the minors for so long.

      Delete
  4. I have a few students who are Dodger fans... and I told them the exact same thing. They'll be back sooner than later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. Congratulations on adding another 1/1 to your collection.

      Delete