The Legend

The Legend

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Let's Go Mountaineers

I'm a proud West Virginia University alum so to change things up every once in a while I will add a card from my WVU collection.  While my WVU collection is growing it is nowhere near the size of my Pirates collection, but I'm always looking to add new items.  Collecting a college allows me to full around with football and basketball so it helps keep things fresh. 


The above card is from 2010-2011 Timeless Treasures numbered out of 5 logoman.

Devin Ebanks is a classic example of what can happen if you go pro earlier than you should.  He decided to leave school his software year, but did not get drafted until the 2nd round by the Lakers.  He managed to hang around for a few years, but was the odd man out once the Lakers changed offensive schemes under coach Mike D'Antoni.  Ebanks is still in the D League trying to make his way back.

I always thought another year in college to work on his offense would have made Ebanks a lottery pick.  Already an elite defender he helped the Mountaineers reach the final four. He gave teams fits defensively as he was often used at the top of the 1-3-1 zone.  His 7ft wingspan clogged up passing lanes and forced tons of turnovers.  Hindsight being 20/20 I'm sure he would have tried to stay another year and got more guaranteed money.

If anybody ever comes across any WVU players let me know.  I'll be happy to trade for them.  Some of the names include...

Geno Smith
Tavon Austin
Stedman Bailey
Jedd Gyorko
Joe Alexander
Devin Ebanks.
Marc Bulger

Bunches more, but those are the more prevalent examples. 

No comments:

Post a Comment