The Legend

The Legend

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Jackie and Maz

2004 Upper Deck Ultimate Collection dual jersey 12 of 60

In honor of Jackie Robinson day here is a dual relic featuring Mazeroski and Robinson.  Obviously Jackie went through more than anybody can comprehend to break the color barrier in baseball.  I can't even begin to fathom what a normal day was like for him during that time period.  

I've owned this card for almost ten years so I have no idea what I paid for it.  It has always been one of my favorites so what better day to show it off.  

Thanks for checking out the blog.

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I like this one a lot too. Pirates and Dodgers had a lot of cards together in the mid 2000's for some reason.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful card. The best part of Jackie Robinson Day is having the opportunity to see everyone's special Robinson cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was neat seeing everything. I think this might be my only Jackie card so I might be reusing it a lot.

      Delete
    2. If you're only going to own one... it's not a bad one to own.

      Delete
    3. Thats true.....or its an excuse to buy even more!

      Delete