The Legend

The Legend

Friday, June 20, 2014

Another Redemption

2014 Panini Donruss Starling Marte Auto

A few months back I was able to pick a few lots of Donruss autographs on the cheap.  Included in the lot was a Starling Marte redemption.  Marte must have got his commitment to Panini out of the way as this is the second redemption I've received this week. 

Marte had been in a terrible funk at the plate up until the promotion of Gregory Polanco.  Now all three outfielders are hitting their stride together.  McCutchen even won NL player of the week.  If Marte learns to cut down on the strikeouts the sky is the limit.  Already a plus defender and baserunner, a more consistent approach at the plate could launch Marte into an All Star caliber player.  It should be an exciting outfield to watch for the next handful of years.  

Here is the pic from my seat at PNC on Wednesday.  I took a couple days off from work this week and decided to treat myself to a game.  The Pirates got crushed by the Reds, but I always enjoy an evening at the stadium.

Thanks for checking out the blog!


2 comments:

  1. You almost don't notice the lack of license on that card with how closely it is cropped! Great auto, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a great deal on a bunch of them. No Brewers :(

      Delete