The Legend

The Legend

Monday, August 11, 2014

Blockbuster

This past Friday Keith from The Home Run Apple and my buddy Micah came over to my house to bust a box of 2012 Archives.  Micah by far had the best box pulling a Don Mattingly and Bill Madlock auto. Nothing of note to show from my box as both Keith and Micah are going for the set so they will pretty much end up with everything.  My autos were a little bit on the weaker side as I pulled Cleon Jones and Von Hayes.  I gave Keith Cleon and the Hayes is up for trade if anybody wants it.

The real highlight of the night was some extreme trading by Keith and I.  Keith is a collector of WVU like myself.  Within his collection is a card that has long been the object of my desire.  A triple auto of Michael Beasley/Kevin Love/Joe Alexander.  Keith has always been willing to trade it to me, but it has taken some time for me to find something that he would want and be of comparable value.  Kevin Love autos have always held good value and now they are going even higher.  I may be the only person on earth that wanted this card because of Joe Alexander.  I've yet to see another one of these hit eBay.


This is where it gets fun.  I have a lot of good non Pirate cards so I offered him the following cards.




Keith gladly accepted the offer as he was going to keep the Polanco auto and sell the Bagwell and Biggio.  I was fine with this as I had doubles of the Polanco and Bucky Dent and had just recently pulled another Bagwell and Biggio.

While we were admiring our blockbuster trade I remembered that I had one really good Met auto.


Knowing this Keith traded back the Bagwell, Biggio and Bucky Dent card for the Wright/Schmidt dual auto.

Long story short Keith received two great cards (Wright/Schmidt dual and Polanco), while I got a card that I've been trying to trade for the past 6 months. Here are some of the other cards I added in smaller trades.


As you can see I really made a dent in my WVU collection.  A couple of new Gyorko's, the UD Black Joe Alexander and a Bruce Irvin.  

I forgot how much fun trading in person was.  We have been opening boxes for almost six months now so our trade bait arsenal is getting larger.  Here's to more monster deals.  Also follow The Homerun Apple and let Keith know how terrible the Mets are.  In all seriousness Keith is a good guy who will be more than happy to work out a trade with you.  

Thanks for reading!


8 comments:

  1. The Schmidt wright is real nice, great trade though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice trade for both of you! Sadly I don't get to do enough in-person trading either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last in person trade I did was when i was14 im 39 now so it's been awhile too......lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was probably in college the last time I had did it. So at least 10 years for me.

      Delete
  4. Nice haul! Good old fashioned trade. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun. Felt like I was 8 years old again trading with my buddies in school.

      Delete