The Legend

The Legend

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Walked, Walk'd or a Walking

I'm not sure what the appropriate title is for receiving a trade package of only Bob Walk's other than awesome. William from Foul Bunt told me he had been saving all these for a while. What would you pick as your favorite.....???

All Bob Walk cards are perfect.  That is a fact that can't be debated. So whatever is said would be nitpicking. I guess I would knock the 89 Topps down .1 percentage points because the mustache is not quite filled in.  Total score 99.9/100
 Perfection.  Hair, stache and in the act of throwing heat.  100/100
 Gotta have the mustache.....   99.9/100
 Way too clean cut 99.8/100
 Almost there.... 99.99999/100
 The hair is perfect, but lack of stache. 99.99/100
Perfection again 100/100

So there you have it, 87 Topps and 91 Donruss are perfect. Gun to my head I would take 87 Topps because the hat is awesome. Do you have an opinion. The fun thing is no wrong answer exists!

Thanks for reading this lunch time edition of Bob Walk the Plank.  Tonight is senior night for WVU basketball so my evening will be spent cheering on #10 WVU vs Texas Tech.

19 comments:

  1. '87 Topps is definitely my favorite - can't go wrong with those hats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great hat. I think we are wearing throwbacks on Sundays this year with the pill box caps!!!!!

      Delete
  2. Agreed with Tony, I'll take the 87 Topps just because of the hat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I probably used to flip right past Bob Walk in my junk piles. NOT ANYMORE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's 7 Walks ,time to get your bullpen started.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 87 Topps is one of my favorite cards. I used to collect all weird name cards, and so I had a few Walks, and I don't collect those cards anymore, but 87 Topps Walk is one of those cards I will never get rid of. It's just too good. Plus he looks a lot like Jon Lajoie on that card, which I like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, never thought about the Lajoie comparison, but I see it. I need to watch more of The League.

      Delete
  6. 7 Walks? Are you sure it wasn't Ubaldo Jimenez pitching? Really glad you liked the cards. I actually found a few more, so another pile has been started.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again William. I'll try to dig up some Orioles for you.

      Delete
  7. You have to go with the hat. '87 is an easy call.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it probably wasn't a fair fight. I'll have to do another more balanced Walk battle royale.

      Delete