The Legend

The Legend

Thursday, January 5, 2017

My Favorite Card of 2016 (Bell vs Teke)

This sounds a lot easier than it actually is.  Instead of over thinking it I just went with first two cards that came to mind.

While I really like this card I decided that Josh Bell didn't quite make the cut.


I almost gave up on Topps Now after I found the first handful of Pirates boring. It is so frustrating when a Now card is just a pitcher mid windup.

Once summer came the Pirate releases were much more exciting.  What I like most about this card is Cutch's reaction. It just made me laugh.  He looks like the least impressed person on earth.

Now for the winner.....

I had a bad case of Tekulve fever when Topps Archives Signature Series came out.  Maybe this is cheating a little bit since this a 1983 Topps card, but it was a 2016 release!  Tekulve has a ton of autos in the set, but the card that features double Teke obviously wins as my favorite. I will probably donate this card to a museum so the masses can bask in its awesomeness. I declare this card king of 2016! If you don't like it we can fight about it.

Thanks for the contest Tom




10 comments:

  1. I hadn't noticed Cutch's reaction in the Topps Now card: it's classic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great reaction for Cutch, but I'm glad Tekulve made the cut.
    Thanks for entering!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Teke was the first card that came to mind.

      Delete
  3. This might be my favorite of all the favorite cards of 2016 posted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just has everything going for it. Cool set, auto, affordable.

      Delete