The Legend

The Legend

Sunday, November 19, 2017

Beer and Bats

I've had a few of my ongoing blind trades morph into beer and card trading.  It is pretty much the best thing ever.  I highly suggest it. This time around it was my good buddy Jim aka GCRL who hooked me up.



I'm looking forward to trying these in the coming weeks. Mad Butch beer has a 10 WAR design in my opinion.  


I'm not sure if I have any of these HBP cards.  I knew about them, but it might be new to my collection.  Awesome!


A pair of Glasnow relics from high end sets.  Glasnow dominated AAA again this year, but sucked something awful in his Pirate starts.  Some scouts see him as a high end reliever so maybe that is where he will find his success.  I'm sure the Pirates will once again give him every opportunity to start before making the conversion.
It was cool to see Danny Ortiz get a card this year.  He only made a couple of appearances and likely won't have a clear path to the MLB again unless the Pirates have multiple injuries.

I'm thankful my blogging friends continue to throw some of the Fire cards my way.  I kept telling myself that I was going to buy some, but just never pulled the trigger. I know reviews have been all over the place, but I'm a fan of different and these are definitely different.

The lone football card is this numbered Willie Parker.  Parker topped the 1000 yard mark three consecutive years with the Black and Gold.

Thanks so much for sending me the brews and cards Jim. I already have one high end card for you, but need to fill out the package a little more before sending.

Thanks for reading.

14 comments:

  1. Someone drove into Wisconsin, because to my knowledge, you cannot get a single bottle of New Glarus outside of the state.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The New Glarus is a fine beer indeed-havenit had this one in particular but their beers I ave had are worth the drive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spotted Cow is one of my favorite beers of all time!

    How do you ship beer? I’d like to take a gander at making a beer/Card trade with you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The easiest way is to start your own Fed Ex account. Remind me tomorrow via email and I'll go into more detail. It is pretty easy.

      Delete
  4. i lean towards lighter tasting beers but it's always fun to see what's brewing with the Bob!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of these are lower abv. I tend to like big old heavy stouts.

      Delete
  5. HBP was an interesting concept. I don't think it really caught on, but good effort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm always for new companies. The nature of the business now makes it almost impossible for them to succeed. I guess at least Leaf has made it work.

      Delete