The Legend

The Legend

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Adversity

In a Pirates season filled with PED's, visa issues and injuries it was nice to see a positive story about Jameson Taillon. 5 weeks back Jameson Taillon went on the DL as what was described as groin discomfort.  After a few tests it was determined that the discomfort was likely testicular cancer.  Surgery would later confirm the initial diagnosis.

Fast forward to yesterday and Taillon was already back on big league mound. He would pitch 5 shutout innings. That is a quick turnaround! Taillon is an easy guy to root for because he has already had to overcome Tommy John, a sports hernia and a wicked line drive to the head. Let's hope all the bad stuff is in the rear view mirror and he can just focus on baseball.

2017 Topps Tribute James Taillon Auto /99

This is actually my second most recent addition to my collection as Topps NOW released a card commemorating Taillon's return today.  

Topps Tribute is always a nice set to pick up on card autos. I was able to grab this one for the bargain price of around $5. 

Thanks for reading.  




12 comments:

  1. Definitely an awesome comeback, hats off to the kid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hard not to root for him! Hope he enjoys a long career.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love a good comeback story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can get high quality MLB talent autos, from high tier sets, for around $5? Man, the Cubs tax really sucks.
    Taillon is an easy guy to root for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you are not buying Aramis Ramirez anymore....The price of being good!

      Delete
  5. Wow. I thought I was having a rough 5 weeks. Puts a lot of things into perspective. Glad to hear Tailon is back on the mound and doing well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stories like this make you realize your bad day at work wasn't so bad.

      Delete
  6. Yeah he is a likable guy so he is easy to root for.

    ReplyDelete
  7. (DOWNLOAD) $12,234 in 2 months Betting Software?

    Let me tell it straight.

    I don't care about sports. Shame on me but I don't even know the football rules.

    I tried EVERYTHING from forex & stocks to internet marketing and affiliate networks.. I even made some money but then lost it all when the stock market went south.

    I think I finally found it. Grab It Now!

    ReplyDelete