The Legend

The Legend

Monday, June 19, 2017

Beers Beets Battlestar Galactica

My wife and daughter surprised me with tickets to the home opener of the Black Bears season. The weather didn't cooperate, but after a lengthy rain delay the good guys won the game. Big bonus of the evening was that the starting pitcher was Pirates top pitching prospect Mitch Keller who was on a minor league rehab assignment. He pitched two dominating innings as he was on a strict pitch count.


Here are a few pictures from the game.





Black Bears card time


Will Craig 2017 Topps Pro Debut Red Auto /10

This was the big one I was looking for! Only one other version of this card had been on eBay at the time I purchased this copy and it had a ridiculous BIN.  This seller put on a good price and I immediately pulled the trigger only a few hours after it was listed.

All that remains is the /99 and /25 base parallels and I consider my quest complete.  I've yet to see any of the plates or the true 1/1's hit eBay but those would just be icing on the cake.

Thanks for reading!

11 comments:

  1. Nice pickup! Another /10 auto is almost ending if you want to corner the market.

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/WILL-CRAIG-2017-Topps-Pro-Debut-AUTOGRAPH-auto-RED-10-Black-Bears-Pirates-/311895332524?hash=item489e6916ac:g:A~kAAOSwFqNZQJA2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that....plus another one is on. The auction one went for around $30. Glad I got the BIN one.

      Delete
  2. Black bears are the best kind of bear, after all. Nice pick up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

    (Looks like a fun time at the ol' ballgame!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent Office reference. Looks like a nice ballpark!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice. The surrounding area is developing fast which is taking away from some of the view. :(

      Delete
  5. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica. One of my favorite Office episodes of all-time.

    ReplyDelete