The Legend

The Legend

Saturday, March 31, 2018

Going Above and Beyond

Peter has been destroying my White Whale list the last couple of months. This marks the fourth card he has sent my way on the current list. That is impressive stuff.  You are now immortalized on my found white whale page

The current delivery is a Kevin Young card I had my eye on for a while.  I'm a sucker for the Ultra Platinum Medallion cards.  I have several Pirates in my collection but this one had avoided me for a long time. Between losing auctions and talking myself out of overpaying for BIN eBay versions, I decided to put it on the whale list.  Peter to the rescue! 





The card looks better in person than in scan. It has a nice shiny look to it.  These are numbered to 99 so they do have a certain amount of rarity as well.  These are some of my favorite cards to collect and thankfully the Pirates had no one of note in terms of card value so they are attainable if you are patient.

Peter even threw in some extras....
Always happy to see relievers get some love.

Peter even found some old Steelers.  Every old time football player looks 15 years older than their actual age.

Thanks again for finding the White Whale Peter.  I nominate you as king harpooner.

Thanks for reading!

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You did well my friend! Beer is on the way as a thank you!

      Delete
  2. The great whale finder. I'm in possession of whales you dont even know you need yet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Platinum sure looks good on this blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really fun card. Just glad I don't collect Griffey or Jeter.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Yeah, they don't hit as much on eBay these days. When an auction pops up you often spend more on shipping too.

      Delete