The Legend

The Legend

Sunday, March 4, 2018

Scribbled Ink

Paul from Scribbled Ink sent me a nice collection of Buccos as a thank you for running the Secret Santa. He told me no need to post, but if you send me cards that is the least I can do. 

A reboot of Pinnacle seemed like a good idea, but never really caught on. Obviously licensing is an issue, but sometimes feels like Panini mails it in with design sometimes.  With that being said this card doesn't look bad.
Leyland sporting a Starter jacket is pretty sweet, but he seems more like a Members Only type of guy. I guarantee if you looked in his closet you would find one. 

Tony Watson is now a member of the Pirates West (Giants). He joins Cutch and Mark Melancon on the active roster.  The Giants are have non roster invitees Chase d'Arnaud and Alen Hanson. I'm trying to talk my wife into a San Francisco trip in August to go see family that lives in the area. /Checks Pirates schedule..."Honey how crazy is this, the Pirates are in town.


My Mom bought me a lot of cards growing up, but certain ones really bring me back to my youth. Collect A Books and oddball sets from Kay Bee and Toys R Us would probably top my sentimental list.
Giles put up huge numbers during his time with with Buccos.  Of course you can always rely on Stadium Club making awesome cards.

AJ Burnett and Russell Martin turned out to be the last pieces to propel the Pirates into a contender.

Two guys who never had much "prospect" buzz, but now both will likely play a part in Pittsburgh this year.  Neverauskas also made a few headlines being the first MLB player from Lithuania. If you throw hard you will be discovered.  I've been on a kick lately picking up Heritage rookies so getting some in trade is pretty cool.
While I've pretty much given up on Opening Day as a set I enjoy buying packs of, the insert sets are still fun. Celebration cards, mascots and food are all fun inserts I enjoy.


The Pirates kind of missed the boat with Rajai Davis.  They sent him away for broken down Matt Morris. He turned out to have a nice career as a reserve outfielder.  The Pirates should have been giving every young guy a chance.
Pops looking badass as usual.
Cobra is the man.
This is some star power.

Thanks so much Paul for the wonderful package of cards.  I'll try and hit you back with something soon.

Thanks for reading!

9 comments:

  1. Cobra! I impressed my brother-in-law by answering a trivia question related to Parker. The Giles Sc and Russel Martin gold cards are cool. As for that Pinnacle Cutch at the top..I like the picture, his swing hides the lack of logo well. But that design was weak: too much white space and the only thing to fill it is another, bigger Pinnacle logo? Were they even trying?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The reboot of Pinnacle never felt right. Too many flaws for sure.

      Delete
  2. That Pinnacle Cutch looks really cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can hide a lot of licensing issues with a photo of the backswing.

      Delete
  3. Nice Neverauskas. Never knew that Rajai Davis was a Pirate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He only saw a few at bats as Pirate. Turned out to have a pretty nice career.

      Delete
  4. Cobra most definitely is the man!

    ReplyDelete