The Legend

The Legend

Monday, March 12, 2018

Paying Tribute

I think this is the only Aramis Ramirez card that I ever wanted and struggled to find. While his first tenure was short as a Pirate he did leave a decent amount of cardboard featuring him in the Bucco uniform. 

For whatever reason Topps decided to make an auto of him featured in the Bucco uniform in 2012.  I didn't really understand the thought process, but was happy to see the card made.  The weird thing is not many hit auction and most of the BIN prices were way more than I wanted to spend. 


2012 Topps Tribute Aramis Ramirez auto /99

Thankfully I stumbled into this card while purchasing another card. My usual practice is to see if the seller offers combined shipping and has anything else for sell.  Fortunately I found this card for $4. Not bad at all. 

Thanks for reading! 

8 comments:

  1. Winner winner tofu dinner. Nice new acquisition and you can tell he put a lot of effort into that auto. But at least it looks like it's on the card, right? And not a sticker? $4 is a right price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spoken like a true vegetarian. Tribute for the most part is always on card which is one of the best features of the set. Like the sets that let the auto be the main feature.

      Delete
  2. I think Jose Bautista had a relic in a high end card set around that time as an Oriole. It was a weird, experimental but, in hindsight, very welcome time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He had a weird career path for sure. One of the biggest late bloomers I could ever remember.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Ramirez was a great complimentary player. The guy could flat out hit.

      Delete
  4. Solid pickup for $4. I love Tribute (super shiny) and their on-card autographs.

    ReplyDelete