The Legend

The Legend

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Trade: Sportscards From The Dollar Store

Hope everyone is having a nice Thanksgiving. I find myself enjoying the holiday even more these days as it is nice to actually slow down and enjoy the day. Normal protocol at my house is try to get through meals as quick as possible before the baby has a meltdown or makes a complete mess of everything. We are normally so busy we rarely sit down for more than ten minutes at a time. Today is all about enjoying the day with loved ones. As I've gotten older I've learned to appreciate family gatherings more.

Card time.

Yesterday I received an envelope from Doug from Sportscards From The Dollar Store. Doug always has a knack of finding me obscure cards with WVU ties and this time was no different.
A while back Doug busted a box of the new CFL release from Upper Deck. Turns out this set has quite a few WVU players in it. I was pumped to see this Slaton. Along with Slaton I believe Pat White and Jock Sanders have cards. Glad to see these guys found a place to continue their careers.

My second favorite set of the year was Finest. I didn't bust a box, but I have picked up a few cards via trade and eBay. Doug was nice enough to surprise me with the Andrew Lambo auto. For some reason Topps went crazy with Lambo autos this year. 


Glad to see Geno is getting another crack with the Jets starting gig. Hope he takes advantage.

 Bob Walk!

Couple nice Tavon's!

Thanks for all the cards Doug. Hope you like the return package. Thanks for always looking out for me. You always seem to surprise me. 




6 comments:

  1. "For some reason Topps went crazy with Lambo autos this year."

    It's because for a lot of people this is the only way they can say that they bought/got/have a lambo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually have that 93 pocket schedule. During my trip in Cleveland in 93, I also went to a mall in Pittsburgh (I don't remember at all why we went there), where I picked up a Knicks wind breaker and an Oilers shirt...and that schedule ! Weird to see it scanned here

    ReplyDelete