Thursday, March 2, 2017
New White Whale List
Yesterday I completed a transaction to finish out my white whale list that I have on the right side of my homepage. The last card I needed was a Starling Marte photo variation from 2015 Gypsy Queen. This card popped up a lot at the time I made this list so I figured it would be an easy find. Of course the well dried up and I went months without seeing it. Thankfully it popped up on Sportlots and I was able to secure it.
So now for the fun part of creating a new list. While not an exact science I base my list on cards that I've tried to acquire via some online source, but have failed. The cards on the list are not super high dollar, but more illusive for whatever reason.
Here is the new top ten white whales.
1. 2016 Bowman Chrome Will Craig auto - In my experience no type of card is sniped more than Bowman Chrome rookie autos. This card is not even that expensive. If I put in a bid for $5 it will sell for $5.25. I looked back at auctions I didn't win and I this card pops up 5 different times.
2. 2006 SP Authentic Jason Bay/Chris Duffy/Nate Mclouth Triple Auto /15 - This would have been an easy find for me had I paid attention to eBay around the holidays. I'm notoriously bad about checking BIN only items on eBay. Once recently sold on eBay for less than $10. Damn....
3. 1998 Stadium Club One of a Kind Al Martin #132 /150 - I like the photo of this one. Hoping this will be the easiest one of the bunch as these tend to pop up a decent amount.
4. 1999 Ultra Platinum Medallion #91 Kevin Young /99
5 2000 Black Diamond Final Cut #69 Brian Giles /100
6. 2006 Upper Deck Silver Spectrum #761 Ian Snell /99
7. 2006 Upper Deck Epic Endorsements Auto Jason Bay /45 I don't have many Bay autos left....
8. 2004 Fleer Greats of the Bill Mazeroski #GBA-BM - This set is soooo nice.
9. 2011 Topps Heritage Tom Parsons Auto
10. 2011 Topps Lineage Tony Bartiome Auto.
I look forward to hunting these down. If I get help from a friend you get immortalized on my "found white whales" page. I will also send you some cool stuff!
Thanks for reading.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
I finally found something pretty interesting for you that I might just send by itself when it arrives if I don't have anything else for you because it's pretty exciting.ReplyDelete
That is cool, but no hurry. I think I just got the last card for you yesterday. Hopefully have something in the mail this weekend.Delete
I like whalesReplyDelete
Ha. No doubt. You've been quite a whale hunter for me.Delete
I've got the maz so think of another whale to chase.ReplyDelete
Well, that was quick!!!!!Delete
Good luck! I'll keep an eye out. I enjoy whale watching.ReplyDelete
Thanks...This list shouldn't be as hard as the last one.Delete
Nothing too outrageous. Good luck!ReplyDelete
Thanks! The triple auto will probably be the hardest.Delete
Have fun on your whale hunt! How long do you think it's gonna take to knock off these 10 whales? What's the over/under? 18 months?ReplyDelete
The two hardest will be the triple auto and platium medallion. I actually didn't think I would finish the last whale list, but I netted arguably the hardest card early. The good thing is that only 2 or 3 of these will be above $10. My goal is a year. If the triple auto pops up it will be much quicker.Delete
Best of luck on completing the list! I am always looking for Pirates to trade so I will certainly be on the lookout for these.ReplyDelete
Appreciate the extra eyes on these!Delete
Best of luck! I absolutely love this list. Not one single Mike Trout or Bryce Harper autograph.ReplyDelete
Ha...I don't collect too many big dollar guys. McCutchen was the only one, but I've been priced out on him for the most part. Usually only pick up a couple a year as gifts to myself. Most of the core Pirates right now are relatively cheapDelete