The Legend

The Legend

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Framing Marte and Back from San Diego

I'm finally back from San Diego.  Looking forward to being back in the loop of baseball cards. I should have most of the day tomorrow to get caught up as my wife is taking my daughter out of town to visit a friend. FREE DAY! I'll have plenty of pictures to share soon.

I've been active adding silver frame and acetate cards since early last year. What has been lacking was finding a good deal on a more prominent Pirate.

2016 Topps Series 1 Starling Marte Silver Frame /16

This was an exciting addition.  I used my eBay Bucks to pay the majority of it so the cost out of pocket was less than $10 bucks. I had pretty much wrote off the likes of Marte, Cole and Cutch, but like most parallels the prices can be all over the place. 

I was a little pissed I missed out on a Cutch that went for a reasonable price this weekend. The selling price was right around $40 which is way too much for a parallel, but I had a gift certificate for $25. That would have been a great opportunity to snag a card I would normally not even try for.  It will pop up again....hopefully.

Thanks for reading 


8 comments:

  1. Nice pickup, expecting tons of west coast beers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get one of those silver parallels. They are cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The big names go for good money, but deals can be had on the second tier guys.

      Delete
  3. Glad you returned home safe.
    Did you leave any beer for us here in Cali?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I had a few more days out there supplies would have been depleted.

      Delete
  4. Nice grab with the Marte. I snagged the Cutch for $41.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that one. That is a good deal for Cutch. Hopefully another pops up for a reasonable price.

      Delete