The Legend

The Legend

Monday, April 18, 2016

San Diego Bound

Tomorrow morning I leave for San Diego with one of my buddies to attend the Padres/Pirates 3 game series. I've been so busy the last couple of weeks that I really haven't had time to get excited about the trip until now. Most of my travel the last few years has been work related so it is nice to have nothing on the agenda other than breweries and baseball.

I've been to several stadiums before, but this is my first trip where the purpose is to actually watch the Pirates play the entire series. This trip has been in the works for almost 4 years. Each year had a unique destination, but got cancelled because of major life events. The cool thing is the baseball gods have taken pity on me and along with this trip I will be going to DC in July to watch the Pirates/Nats play. Every thing evens out in the long run.

This past weekend I got to attend my first baseball game of the year.  I went to watch WVU play Kansas State.  The weather was perfect!




It is hard to tell from the pictures, but attendance at the game was around 2100 people.  That is pretty good for a college game. Considering how far in the toilet WVU baseball was about 5 years ago it really is nice to see the University commit the resources needed to be a competitive program in the Big 12 conference.

One quick blog note.  I have several trade packages that need to be scanned. Off the top of my head I know I have items from Cards on Cards and Ptown Tom. They arrived safe and sound, but I won't be posting them until I get back.

Thanks for reading!




9 comments:

  1. Have a great time. Petco is a great small park. Its even better when it becomes a Dodger home game when the blue is in town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun being there for the entire series. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be sure to hit up the Gaslight District! Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never been to San Diego myself, it sounds like a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grab a copy of the Westcoaster beer mag-it will help ya find some brew. It is also online. Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending you wishes for safe travels and a fun trip. What a blast to see awhole series!

    ReplyDelete