The Legend

The Legend

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Hawaiian Topps

2016 Topps Series 1 Hawaii Industry Summit 1/1

You can look at this card in a couple of ways. The glass half empty person can chalk this up as being another "1/1" in which Topps continues its quest to parallel us to death. To a certain degree I would agree with the negative Nancy thought process. 

For me though this card is a winner. I love any chance I can add a card of the Bucco catcher (sorry Zippy). Trading for Cervelli has proven to be one of the better decisions in the last few years. What looked like a gaping hole last offseason, Cervelli was every bit as valuable as Russell Martin. 

As for the card itself it is a little hard to make out, but a pineapple emblem is on the top right of the card. The card cost me just a shade under $20 shipped. Not too bad for a 1/1. The exciting thing is I just secured another Cervelli that I like even better than this one! It should be here next week.  

Thanks for reading. 

12 comments:

  1. Hmm, never heard of the Hawaiian issues. Pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better than a 1/1? Must be some card! I do like the superfluous pineapple logo, I must say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the card more for the fact it is Cervelli.....the design is nothing new.

      Delete
  3. My heart. It aches. Nice add though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha. Well just look at this way...You passed the torch to me and I'll continue collecting his cards.

      Delete
  4. Who lives under a pineapple and his last name begins with a C? Fran-cis-co, Cer-vell-i!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The craziest thing about these cards was when those thieves at Dave & Adam's wrote a blog post about how they got them for free... and that they were now for sale (for exorbitant prices) on their site. I'm guessing they're still for sale.

    Yup! http://www.dacardworld.com/search?Search=hawaii

    Haven't you always wanted a 1/1 Ozzie Smith reprint Berger's Best RC with a pineapple foil stamp on it? Well now it can be yours for the low, low price of $299.95!

    Ridiculous. At least they had the decency to remove the blog post bragging about it. http://www.dacardworld.com/blog/dave-and-adams-news/dave-adams-selling-souvenirs-from-hawaiian-vaction (404, rip-off not found)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I didn't know Dave and Adams posted that. I stopped buying from them last year as Steel City was beating most of their prices.

      Delete
    2. I've been consistently underwhelmed with their prices, as well as with their service.

      Example: I reached out to them about buying my dad's collection of 5,000+ 1960's comic books. They responded to my SECOND email, and then never replied again. Just terrible.

      Delete
    3. I've never really had much trouble with them, but started looking elsewhere when they raised their threshold for free shipping. Steel City is close to where I live so I can sometimes get items next day if I order early enough.

      Delete