The Legend

The Legend

Saturday, April 2, 2016

Team Effort

Today is my fantasy draft.  In order to keep things interesting we do things a little different. We have an NL and AL only league. This came about because we were always having trouble finding enough people to join the league and once they joined, stay engaged.  This has worked out much better as you only need 5 people to make it work.

2016 Topps Series 1 Pirates Team Card Silver Frame /16

What looked to be a slow process has really picked up steam the last couple a weeks. I don't like the team card as much as last years version, but still pretty cool nonetheless.  It always helps when multiple listings of these type of cards hit at one time.  

I'm digging the cameos of Marte, Cervelli and Sean Rodriguez. Kind of a unique shot with Josh Harrison being right in the center. This Silver Frame ran me about $18 shipped.  Not to bad! 

Thanks for reading.  Let's hope I can Trout and Harper in the draft.  


9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks. I've done pretty well with the mid tier guys, but struggling with the stars.

      Delete
  2. Sounds fun. I did a 16 team draft this year, my buddy was asking me to help with his bullpen in his 8 teamer and i got pretty jealous, was able to scoop Betances and Osuna off waivers... for him

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The way we score makes all relievers valuable so guys like Betances get drafted in the mid rounds. We utilize holds and k's/9.

      Delete
  3. the only fantasy team I was ever a part of was based on home runs. It was so easy to keep up with which made it appealing to me. Good luck with your team!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That could still be fun. The top ten picks in the AL would probably be all Blue Jays and Orioles.

      Delete
  4. Nice card. I am not a fan of my team this year, but I hardly ever am a fan unless I've come away with a team I feel is awesome.

    How did you do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had first pick in AL so I have Trout. My NL team is much more balanced and my starting pitching is top notch.

      Delete
  5. Always hard to keep motivated in the late summer months. That is why we've struggled finding our fifth person.

    ReplyDelete