The Legend

The Legend

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Trade: Brad's Blog

The great trade package catch up continues on with a bubble mailer from my good pal Brad. It is always fun to receive cards from Brad as it is always a mixed bag. This time was no different. Three teams bags full of Pirate goodness.

 Let's start off with this beauty. In fact it is a refractor beauty.  Finest is a truly fine set.
 I'm borderline obsessed with all the obscure late 90's early 00's parallels. Brad hooked me up with this beauty from the easily forgettable Fleer Mystique. In came and went just like Chard Hermansen's career......zing!!!

I don't think their is a single pirate fan who can say one bad word about Jason Bay. The guy was productive from the first day he stepped foot in PNC park to the day he left. Also, Upper Deck is awesome.

Jung Ho Kang is on a rehab assignment after getting demolished by Chris Coghlan breaking up a double play. 


 More Finest!
 Flair is so fancy! It would probably cost $1000 a pack if they remade it today.


 I miss all the good budget sets. This would be a great chance for Panini to take some of Topps thunder if they could create a halfway decent looking cheap set. The abomination that was the most recent Triple Play does not count.
 Only Cutch and Marte remain from this group.

The mid 90's saw the Pirates transitioning from power house to perennial loser. I think you could classify the Fleer cards as "busy." 

 Work of art.
 Candelaria and Walk have to be related.
I've been the recipient of some really cool Van Slyke's lately. This Gold Rush is near the top.

This was just a small sample of the cards Brad sent.  He really hooked me up with a ton of cards. I'll be sure to hit you back soon Brad.

Thanks for reading.

6 comments:

  1. I've said it before... and I'll say it again. I miss UD. Love the photography on the Jason Bay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. UD screwed up a ton like all the other companies, but at least their base cards looked nice.

      Delete
  2. Glad you liked the cards! I had recently found some of my 90s boxes so I figured I'd share

    ReplyDelete