The Legend

The Legend

Monday, April 11, 2016

Complete Focus

The late 90's early 2000's was the wild west era of baseball cards. Basically anything was fair game when it came to design and amount of cards. I'm not trying to complete certain sets, but when the opportunity arises I pull the trigger on cards that interest me. My latest purchase was some green parallels from 2001 Fleer Focus.

The green parallels from this set were either numbered to the players batting average or earned run average from the previous year. I believe this is all the Pirates in the set!






The clear cut winners from the set are the Benson and Giles cards featuring the Homestead Grays uniforms from the Negro Leagues.

I won the cards in a lot for $6.50.  I thought it was a fair price considering these type of parallels are getting hard to find. This is the same seller I've purchased several cards from over the last 6 months as he has been slowly liquidating a large collection. He hasn't sold too many high end cards, but I'm loving picking up some of these obscure sets.

Thanks for reading!

6 comments:

  1. Does your guy only sell Pirates?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...he is liquidating a massive pirate collection.

      Delete
  2. Fleer Focus. One of the 209 forgettable Fleer sets of that era.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't even know this set existed but they are nice looking cards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are cool. I wasn't too interested, but it was the entire team set in one lot. For that price I'll take it.

      Delete