The Legend

The Legend

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Back on Pace

I'm still dealing with hard drive issues on my computer. I know the hard drive needs to replaced it is just a matter of getting some stuff off of the old one. Fun times!

In the meantime I've decided to take the afternoon off and hit another Pirates game. This time my brother in law will be joining me. He is moving to Washington DC in a couple of weeks and he is trying to hit some Pirate and Black Bears games before he starts his new job. He knows I'm always game so we snatched some tickets this morning.  Yay spontaneity! Hitting 3 games in the past couple weeks will get me closer to my desired 10 a year.

How about a card.

2009 Upper Deck USA Jameson Taillon Green Auto /2

Another Taillon edition! I'm not going crazy with Taillon like I did Polanco, but the prices have bottomed out so much that it has been easy to add.  Two years back this card would have been $75 plus, but I secured for around $25.  Still pricey, but not bad considering the scarcity. It quickly becomes one of my best Taillon cards in my collection. 

Thanks for reading!

10 comments:

  1. If you go to another Black Bears game try picking up a team set (I assume they're out) and going for autographs if you want. Or just keep the team set to amp up your MiLB card collection.

    Speaking of which, nice Taillon. Hopefully he bounces back in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Taillon is kind of a wild card now. Obviously he is still in the long term plans, but hard to say he is a clear cut major leaguer after all the injuries.

      Will do on the team set. I haven't got to search the team shop because the games I've went to have been packed. I'm guessing the novelty of the new stadium should be wearing off soon, but as of now they continue to draw well.

      Delete
  2. I'm liking Jung Ho Kang this year, he's really been good this last month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have to wonder if the Pirates would have played him more at the beginning of the year how much it could have helped. For the money it is hard pressed to find a better free agent signing than Kang this year. 4yr/11mil !

      Delete
    2. Beast he's saving my injury plagued fantasy team right now

      Delete
    3. Beast he's saving my injury plagued fantasy team right now

      Delete
  3. You need to find the other one of that card and buy it too.

    By the way, when is Harrison coming back?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be funny if the second one did pop up.

      I think if the Pirates were struggling Harrison would be close to coming back, but since we are still playing well it might not be until rosters expand. Might as well let him work off the rust in AAA.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. The only time I've seen it is really high end relics and a parallel set in Prizm. It is very odd.

      Delete