The Legend

The Legend

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

It's Alive

After two weeks I finally have a fully operational home computer. Hopefully this will be the last of the computer struggles. I really need to take a day off work and just scan cards and prepare trade packages to get caught up.

One of the downfalls to replacing a hard drive is trying to download all the old programs I had saved. Everything from anti virus software to Itunes needed to be reinstalled. That has been a decent chunk of my evening. Thankfully cloud services salvaged most of the important items like pictures.

2015 Diamond Kings Starling Marte Mini Patch /25

I can't get enough Diamond Kings. Part of it has to do with my love of the early to mid 2000's version because it gave a crappy Pirates team a lot of love. The other half is I just like how it looks. I've cherry picked some Buccos and even busted a few boxes. One of which I just opened the other night and had a major pull! Will be showing that off in the next few days.

This Marte cost right around $10 which is not bad for the Bucco's outfielder. Marte continues to play a vital role for the Bucs and has found a home in the 2 spot of the lineup. He seems to be getting a little better with each year so their is reason to believe we haven't seen the best of him yet. If he ever learns to get rid of his annual month long drought he will be an All Star.

Thanks for reading!

11 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear of your computer troubles. I've battled them myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was my worst experience. I must have experienced some kind of power surge with the hard drive. It got completely fried.

      Delete
  2. It's togh to lose a CPU.We practically live In them these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bad thing is that computer is where I did all my blogging activities. On the positive side their wasn't much in the way of crucial items on it.

      Delete
  3. Glad your back in action. Gonna have to find one of these mini DK patches

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to be back. Getting old taking cell phone pics of cards and not being able to scan.

      The DK set sells really well on eBay so you have to search a little for good deals, but they are out there.

      Delete
  4. The DK set is nice looking. It really is. I just wish we could have sets like it that don't feel the need to have 8,000 parallels and 6,000 relic variations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not much of a set builder so while that still bothers me, it is only a minor annoyance. My purchases usually only consist of items that I think are interesting and a good deal.

      Delete