The Legend

The Legend

Thursday, August 27, 2015

The Little Things

I just got done watching the Pirates/Marlins game. People just do not show up to watch baseball in Florida. Both Miami and Tampa are used as destination road trips for the opposing teams fans. During the game the Pirate fans were much more audible and while outnumbered it wasn't a huge difference. Either way it was nice to take 3 of 4 from the fish.

 2014 Triple Threads Neil Walker Patch /9

I already had this card, but managed to pick up another copy for a good deal last week. Might make good trade bait to one of my Pirate collecting buddies. Walker hasn't had much in the way of new cardboard so his cards seem to go for a little more money these days. 

What made this transaction unique was the seller threw in a pretty nice freebie....

2014 Gypsy Queen Neil Walker Mini /50

Kind of a cool surprise. Maybe it is just me, but it seems like this is something that was pretty common in the early and mid 2000's, I remember on numerous occasions getting a free jersey card or some extra commons. Today a lot of my ordering is done with some of the more established eBay card dealers, so it would difficult to take the time to throw in extras. I guess I need to remember to take time to look outside my normal sellers. 

Like I said in the title, it is the little things that can brighten a day. Yay for free cards! 

Thanks for reading. 

15 comments:

  1. Gee, if I didn't know any better I'd think Topps used the same picture twice...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is stupid, but we have all talked about it until we are blue in the face. At least card two was free!

      Delete
    2. They wouldn't dare, Zippy. Get your eyes checked.

      Delete
    3. Just wait until Luis Torrens has the same picture on every card.......

      Delete
  2. Nice patch card. Every now and then a seller will throw in a few extra cards... but that not usually as cool as a numbered mini.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised. Maybe I should send him the link to this post.

      Delete
  3. You're building a nice collection of patches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kind of by default on certain guys. I have most of Walker's certified autos so the only thing that pops up is parallels and patches. It has been several years since he last signed.

      Delete
  4. Whenever I sell on Ebay,I make sure to add an extra action figure or card to packaging.It usually doesn't drive up the shipping costs so what the heck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saved that sellers name to monitor other cards he may have. It is a nice business practice. The extra Walker probably wouldn't have sold for much anyway so why not throw it in and try to drum up business that way.

      Delete
  5. Sweet card. I've got a few sellers I frequent. They always throw in a few extras

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe we should tell sellers we will advertise for them if they give us cool free cards!

      Delete
  6. Awesome patch card! I could use it.:P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We need to trade soon. Send me your contact information.

      Delete