The Legend

The Legend

Monday, August 17, 2015

Short Term Fixes, Mailings and ARam

My home computer is still down hence the quiet blogging weekend. I know the issue is the hard drive so I'm going to give it a look today and determine the degree of the fix needed. I know sometimes when you run a Dell diagnostics test it will say the hard drive failed but the fix needed is much less serious. I hope that is the case as this computer is still relatively new. Either way I should be back to operating normal schedule by mid week.

Once I'm back up and running I have over 20 envelopes to send out to my blogging friends! I utilize stamps.com and all my saved information is on my desktop so once it is fixed many of you will be getting an envelope including the contest winners. I've accumulated a lot of trade bait since my last mass mailing.

Hey, how about a card...

2005 Prime Patches Aramis Ramirez Patch /39

Injuries really threw things out of whack for the Pirates at the trade deadline. Third base actually was a strength for the Pirates as they had Josh Harrison and Jung Ho Kang. Once Harrison and Jordy Mercer got hurt the Pirates hands hand was forced. Not wanting replacement level players like Brent Morel manning the hot corner, the Pirates were quick to acquire Aramis Ramirez from the Brewers.

The silver lining in all of this has been the emergence of Kang as the everyday shortstop. Even with about 100 less at bats he has accumulated 3 WAR already which puts him around 3rd overall for shortstops.

Ramirez got off to a slow start for the Buccos, but has been coming on the last 10 games. I wasn't a fan of him batting cleanup but lately he has begun to justify the decision. It will be interesting to see how things shake out once Harrison and Mercer are activated. Ramirez has been taking grounders at first so that might help when we play left handed pitching, but we'll have a logjam facing right handed pitching.  Either way it is a nice problem to have.

I'm just thankful they've kept their head above water the last few weeks. The starting pitching as been a little suspect the last few weeks, but the offense and bullpen have picked up the slack. Check the brutal schedule since August 4th...

Cubs
Dodgers
Cardinals
Mets

Upcoming
Dbacks
Giants

So far they've won 8 of 11 games thanks to sweeps of the Dodgers and Mets. Hopefully they can continue to play well while they get healthy.

Thanks for reading!

10 comments:

  1. And the good news is Harrison should be back when -- in a couple of days?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They said it would be an extended rehab assignment so hopefully next week. Jordy will probably be September 1.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful patch! Glad your Bucs have something to play for. Both of my teams seem to have given up, which to be honest is very disheartening. In the NL... I'm hoping either your team or the Cubs make it to the World Series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to see the NL Central is so competitive. Billy Beans will have the As good again soon. The advanced metrics think the As should be a lot better but the bullpen meltdowns buried them.

      Delete
  3. Kang has delivered this year - I don't think many people imagined we would have been this good in his first taste of MLB pitching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The original thought was that he couldn't handle the major league fastball, but once he roped a ball off of Aroldis Chapman it proved that theory wrong. Probably the most amazing thing is his ability to adjust. He has yet to have a prolonged slump.

      Delete
  4. You guys owned us last week!There's currently a bounty on Parnells head,lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Parnell had a rough weekend for sure. It was a hard series to predict since both teams were using the back end of the rotation minus Harvey. At least the Nats are playing like crap!

      Delete