The Legend

The Legend

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Atlantic City

So it is official, my computers hard drive is completely fried. I knew it was bad, but hoping someone with a little more know how could retrieve some of the contents. First I went to some of my friends whom I consider more computer savvy, but that came up empty. Next, I went to a local business that specializes in computer repair and they came up empty too. The next step would be to send it off to a company that specializes in data recovery, but the cost doesn't exactly add up. I may let the WVU IT department have their go.

The good news is that I should be up and running tomorrow with the hard drive! I can finally do the mass mailing I've been planning the last two weeks.  In hindsight I wish I would have gone to the post office, but I'm so close to having it fixed now I might as well wait another day or so to utilize my Stamps.com which is cheaper than the brick and mortar post office.

Card time...

Hit a lull with my eBay purchasing lately.  The new releases continue to release more of the same. I would love to have a Jung Ho Kang auto, but the prices are through the roof.  He will probably always be expensive, but at some point the market will cool because he has been in every set that has released in the last 3 months.

So 2015 continues to be the year I fill in some holes.

2003 Donruss Classics Atlantic City National Promo Freddy Sanchez /5

This is a card that fell into my lap. I'm not one to add cards of Pirates in other teams uniforms unless it is a trade, or the price is right.  This falls into the price category.  Never fun to pay more shipping than the actual card, but since it is low numbered I felt the price was worth it ($3). 

The seller of this card was very slow in sending it out.  So much so that I thought about opening a case, but thankfully the seller contacted me and smoothed things over. He even threw in an extra card.



Nothing too exciting, but a free Cutch is nothing to turn your nose at.

The Pirates continue to roll on, but gaining ground on the Cardinals is impossible. Go Bucs!

Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. Resistance is futile. #CardinalsDevilMagic

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can never catch the Cardinals. Not when the entire fan base has sold its collective souls (and possibly Collective Soul) to the devil.

    Then again, the devil can keep Collective Soul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Collective Soul when I was in junior high!

      Delete