The Legend

The Legend

Friday, August 14, 2015

Broken Computer and Pitcher

2015 Diamond Kings James Taillon Dual Patch /5

My home office computer decided that it needed a break last night and went completely haywire. I have had pretty good luck with my computer choices over the years, but this is not a good sign. The computer is relatively new and used lightly. If it is anything serious I may switch to a Mac. 

In the meantime here is the card I intended to show last night. Since Taillon has been hurt the better part of two years his cards have bottomed out in terms of eBay prices. I added this dual patch for $15. Not too shabby considering it is a new set that sells really well. 

This offseason is going to be critical for Taillon. He still is in the long term plans for the Buccos, but he will need to show some progress. Many Pirate fans still want to see a rotation featuring Cole, Glasnow and Taillon. 

Hope everyone has a nice weekend.

Thanks for reading! 

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I've been trying to pick up a few high end cards of his since he is very affordable right now.

      Delete
  2. Love those DK cards, nice stuff! Also, what's up with your computer? I might be able to help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the hard drive. My brother is going to take a look today to see if it is a minor fix or if it actually needs replaced. The computer is only about 2 years old so I'm hoping it is minor.

      Delete
  3. Keep pickling cards up of this guy just because his name I think

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you get your computer fixed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I have tablets and a laptop but everything is set up to my desktop.

      Delete
  5. I'm a total Mac man. Come over to the dark side of the force ;)

    Beautiful card. Hope you're able to repair your computer issues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use Mac at work so I'm not loyal to either, but I may make the switch. The only thing is the price....

      Delete
    2. I recently purchased my 5th Mac. That's five computers over a twenty-seven year timeline. And during those 27 years, I've only had one major issue. On the 4th Mac, something went wrong with the hard drive, so Apple copied all of my files (mostly sports cards photos) and ended up giving me a brand new computer. That particular Mac lasted me 7 years and it's still in use today (I erased the drive and now use it specifically for music).

      Here's how I justify spending so much on a computer. I typically buy a new computer once every five years, which is a little over 1,800 days and the Mac I purchased a few months ago was about $2,200 with my educator's discount. That means I spend about a little over a dollar a day for my computer over the course of its lifetime. Considering how much I get out of my computer... it was worth the investment.

      Another key note... I've never replaced a Mac, because it was broken. After five years, I buy a new one because I crave new technology.

      Delete
    3. Macs have great shelf life. My brothers both use them and love them, and like you only replace them to update. It is more getting my wife onboard to take the plunge. She is very frugal by nature.

      I'm hoping that I can fix the hard drive and get some more time out of this computer......

      Delete