The Legend

The Legend

Thursday, October 22, 2015

Emeralds

I'm always excited to add new cards to my collection. The day I'm not excited probably should be the day I stop. With that being said I'm always a little more excited when I can add cards of Pirates from the mid 2000's. Players like Jason Bay, Freddie Sanchez and Jack Wilson hold a special place in my heart. The teams were terrible during this time period, but this was peak card collecting and game attending for me.

When I see cards like this I always get a little more excited then seeing any of the modern Pirates.


 2005 Leaf Certified Jack Wilson Emerald /5

While I wasn't a super collector of Jack Wilson like Mark from Battlin' Bucs I have a pretty complete collection. Pretty much most of my holes consist of high end parallels and odd ball releases. When cards like this pop up I get tunnel vision and want to win them no matter what. Fortunately this parallel didn't have much action and I was able to secure it for for around $8. Hopefully this wasn't one Mark needed. 

Thanks for reading! 


14 comments:

  1. That's a sharp looking Jack Wilson! 5/5 is cool too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have several cards in this set, but this is the lowest numbered.

      Delete
  2. Leaf Certified cards are nice ones! I hope this is how I end up finally getting that Kennys Vargas /10 card (hopefully in less than 10 years..)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the beauty of not being a player collector. I can just back my way into something years later without the pressure of always scouring.

      Delete
    2. True story. I guess in reality I am not a Kennys Vargas supercollector - it's really just this one rainbow I'm trying to complete, I would call it good even if I don't finish the chrome parallels if I can just find Mr. Clear.

      Delete
    3. Acetate cards are a pain to find. You see a bunch right at release and you can go years without seeing them again. Hopefully you will see in influx of cards hitting ebay when one of the big sellers holds a good sale for topps

      Delete
  3. When I think of the Pirates, I think of Jack Wilson.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha. That is kind of funny that you would relate him to the Buccos. Although when I think of the Yankees I tend to ponder Luis Torrens :)

      Delete
    2. I mean who else am I supposed to tie to the Buccos? Kip Wells?

      Delete
  4. I love those old LCM cards--makes me miss 2000s-era Panini even more. Nice score!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dennis. I was happy to find it. Rarely get to add Jack Wilson cards anymore.

      Delete
  5. I loved mid-to-late 90s Leaf. I pick 'em out of dime boxes every chance I get.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These LCM cards had a good bit of Pirates in the set so I was a sucker as well....

      Delete