The Legend

The Legend

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

This and That

I love watching the World Series. I'm one of those weirdos that can sit and watch a whole game even if it doesn't involve the Pirates. This year I could care less who wins. As for a prediction I feel like the Royals are going to get over the hump. It is a fun contrast in styles with the Mets young phenom pitchers versus one of the best contact teams in recent history. I just feel that the Royals defense and baserunning will put them over the top. I'll say Royals in 5 which probably means the Mets will sweep. Also I probably should be careful in picking against Daniel Murphy....

2015 Starling Marte Five Star Auto /15

I think the market is finally starting to cool a little bit on Marte. He has been in just about every Topps set the last couple of years and it seems that prices are starting to reflect that. I've been picky lately as I've been expecting this drop so I may pick up the pace some in the coming months picking up cards that look nice.

This card was won from a seller in Japan. I've had pretty good luck recently with cards coming from Asia. Usually you will pay a premium in shipping (anywhere from $4-$7), but the selling price is much cheaper. Without looking at completed auctions I'm guessing this card would push the $30 range, but I got for less than $20. 

Enjoy the World Series. Thanks for reading. 


10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! Hard to get a good scan of these type of cards, but they are nice.

      Delete
  2. That;s a really nice card. Love the silver graph!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it to. His auto is starting to get a little sloppy though. Not sure if it was the pen, or just the amount he has been signing.

      Delete
  3. Great addition, I have started considering sellers from Japan too. The shipping can add up but if you get a killer deal it is worth the shipping cost and wait time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no problem waiting so that isn't an issue. All I do is check completed auctions of the same card and see if it is worth my time. If it is just a couple of dollars it is probably not worth the risk, but for anything above $5 I think it is worth it.

      Delete
  4. It's ironic, because the reason why I buy from Japanese (and taiwanese) sellers is because of low shipping !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is just reverse savings because those sellers tend to scare away US buyers. So far all my international purchases have been smooth.

      Delete
  5. I'll bet that cuts down on domestic competition as well.

    ReplyDelete