The Legend

The Legend

Sunday, October 11, 2015

Trade: Waiting 'Til Next Year

Of all the active Pirates Jung Ho Kang might be the hardest to accumulate cards of other than Andrew McCutchen. Being the first position player directly from the KBL and having a great season catapulted the value of his cards. By the time sets started producing cards some autos were going north of $100, and the base rookies were demanding premium prices.

Thanks to Tom I can put to bed one of the newer releases. Last week Tom busted some Heritage High Numbers and pulled this beauty.
It is always extra special when you get some help from the blogosphere. One of the cool things about our special group.

Tom wasn't done with just the Kang. He also included a nice note wishing the Pirates luck in the Wild Card game and hoping that whatever team wins that they would go on to beat the Cardinals and two SL cards....


It seems that some of the Starting Lineup cards are just as sought after as the figures themselves. These are two nice cards of the of the bigger names in Pirate history. Thanks for the extras Tom! Rest assured I'll be hitting you up soon. 

Thanks for reading. 

6 comments:

  1. "It seems that some of the Starting Lineup cards are just as sought after as the figures themselves."

    I've heard from people that the cards might end up being more sought after than the figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of those original 1988 SLU cards are worth a lot. I went all 40 Year Old Virgin with a lot of my figures so they are still in the box. Maybe the market will come back......doubtful:(

      Delete
  2. These are cool. I haev a few of my old SLU cards, but they are beat up to all hell. I was 5 or 6 when SLUs came out, and I still have the figures from those first sets I got...Henderson, Boggs, Mattingly, Brett, Gary Carter, etc.

    I remember my mom got me a few from the Sears Wishbook. I played with them though...both the figures and the cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I opened them as well in the early years. From junior high on everything is still in the box.

      Delete