The Legend

The Legend

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

WAR Games Update

In cased you missed it here is a link to a game called WAR Games my buddy Micah and I created using baseball cards



We are about ten days into the competition and this is a very difficult game. The $10 limit becomes quite a detriment when balancing the specialty card needs. As we speak I've found four cards with my strategy being to focus on the auto/relics/parallels. You also have to deal with some buyers remorse because as soon as you commit to buy something sure enough a better player at an even better deal will pop up.

While the $10 limit is challenging it is also the funnest aspect of the challenge. This forces you to think outside the box when purchasing. In your mind you may think that you can just scour eBay and look for free shipping auctions, but it is hard to find good cards with free shipping attached. Obviously the holy grail would be to find one good seller, but our chosen year for cards is 2005 so that really limits the choices.

As of now we feel that the only thing that will need tweaking is the scoring system. We are thinking that if you don't at least complete the specialty card portion you are automatically disqualified. The bonuses/penalties will most likely be adjusted some as well.

Once the trial run ends I think I'm going to create a tournament style blogger competition. So far it has been a lot of fun.


8 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun and Im all in when/if you run it on a grander scale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be in too, but I forgot, can you use Sportlots or COMC?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anything is fair game as long as you don't go over the 10 dollar limit

      Delete
  3. I hope there's a full write up when a victor has been declared.

    One quick question:
    Are cards from your own collection fair game or do they have to be part of the $10 purchases?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that WAR games idea ! I'm automatically disqualified because of shipping charges (we all know the best deals are made on ebay, not COMC), but I may try it anyway !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could have them shipped to me! That would put everyone on equal playing field.

      Delete