The Legend

The Legend

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Contest Winnings From a Cracked Bat

Julie just finished up a big move to Michigan. As a result she is purging some unwanted cardboard. At the beginning of September she ran a contest for set of 2000 Topps and I won! Yay me. I can always use more cardboard. 



At least with box sets they don't take up much space. 

Julie didn't stop with just the set. Being the kind soul that she is a bunch of other Buccos were included!


 Sandlock was pretty much a career minor leaguer and only had a few at bats with the Pirates. Either way he was immortalized with cardboard. Great vintage!
 Bill Virdon was a long time Pirate and was part of the 1960 World Series winning team.

Always nice to receive these high end parallels in trade. I'm not sure if these have a fancy name in Triple Threads, but they are numbered out of 25.
A numbered insert from Playoff Absolute Memorabilia. A set that I actually opened a bunch back in the mid 2000's. This card is out of 100.
 I didn't realize they numbered the camo cards. This is out of 199. Obviously I love this card because I'm enamored with Polanco. I hope he turns into a star.
 Prospect Buccos including a couple of top ten guys in McGuire and Meadows.
 Some nice harder to find 90's cards. The Kevin Young is Topps Gold Label and a Jay Bell from Pacific.
Some more recent Buccos including all time favorite Jason Bay. I liked the Studio cards with PNC in the background.
 I think that Cole/Bell card is a dual auto as well. That would be an expensive card. Also, that is my first Sniffle Ball card :)

Thanks for the contest and all the great extras Julie. I'll be sure to ship more Tigers your way soon.

Thanks for reading!

14 comments:

  1. Arquimedes Caminero, giving Topps a hard time with their 2015 Pirates rookie cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in a band called "Arquimedes Caminero".

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Fan Favorites card of Tekulve is glorious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gonna say the exact same thing P-town. But I actually really like the original 84T card too.

      Delete
    2. Late 70's early 80's Pirates = cardboard gold

      Delete
  4. Sweet Cutch! And I always love seeing cards of Tom Gorzelanny because he attended a junior college about 15 minutes from where I live.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gorzo has managed to carve out a decent career. I didn't think he would last as long as he did.

      Delete
  5. So, are you going to bust open the set or leave it sealed? You could probably get a lot of posts out of that set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll probably keep it sealed. Maybe if post ideas run dry I'll entertain the thought.

      Delete